Edit (12/18/06): If you've sent me a message through AIM while I was away, I probably did not get it because I was signed out before I could read them. So to make sure I get your messages, try to talk to me again. Also, to make it clear, you're not the one that has to pay the 20 cents for each message. I'll take care of that.
As the new year approaches, I was planning to get a 2007 calendar. You know, to help with planning, organization, and whatnot. Then I came across this: http://calendar.despair.com/ It lets you create your own calendar and you get to choose any of their Demotivators as the pictures for each month. (For those that don't know, Despair, Inc. creates and sells "Demotivators" which are the opposite of motivational posters you may see in an office or other working place. Click here http://www.despair.com/viewall.html to see their products.) What they also let you do with the calendars is add messages or reminders to any date. It's like the holiday reminders on regular calendars; you'll see "Christmas Day" on December 25, New Year's Day on January 1, etc. However, Despair, Inc. is allowing up to 130 characters per calendar date, so you can go crazy with them, haha. One of the examples on their page: "Remember to Google yourself again today. See what people are saying."
Now, here's where you come in. If you want to write a message for one of the dates on my calendar, go for it. Comment on this post, talk to me on AIM or in person, message me on myspace, E-maill me, etc. Also, if you're one that always believed that your birthday should be a national holiday, here's your chance, haha. That's right, just as you see "Lincoln's Birthday" on February 12, you can have "(Your name here)'s Birthday" or something more elaborate in my calendar. Here's the thing, however. It will cost me 20 cents for each entry/date, so your messages better be good, haha.
The rules (besides the 130 character limit):
1) I'll probably accept any kind of message. You can praise yourself and tell me how cool you are, make fun of another person, remind me to do something on that day, whatever. The only kinds of messages I won't accept are the lame ones, the ones that really don't have any meaning such as "okay" or "asdf." I'm not going to spend 20 cents on that.
2) I would like it if you left room to include your name somehow. Examples: "(name) says..." "From (name)" "-(name)" etc. This is so when I come across a day that says "Jezer is a dumbass" I'll know who wrote it and kick their ass, haha. But really, I want to remember who wrote each message.
3) It's first come, first serve. There are 365 days in the year 2007, so there's plenty to go around. But if there's a day you have in mind, hurry up and take it. If two messages can fit in the same date, then I'll allow them to be together. Otherwise, I'll tell the second person to choose a different date.
4a) Exception to 3: Birthdays have first priority on any and all dates. This is to make sure everybody can get their birthday into the calendar. It's also to prevent someone from putting "John Doe is a dumbass" on John Doe's birthday.
4b) Only give me your birthdays, please, none of celebrities or people I don't know. No, I don't want to celebrate Hitler's birthday.
5) Anniversaries are fine, personal or otherwise. But please stay away from stuff like "Columbine shooting anniversary"
6) Cut off date for entries is noon of December 24. I want to place my order before the end of the year so hopefully I'll get the calendar by the start of the new year.
7) There are many ways to send in your entries: simple comment on this post, IM on AIM (rezejrezej), E-mail me at rezejrezej@gmail.com, message me on myspace (www.myspace.com/rezejrezej), or just talk to me in person.
8) Reminder: It costs nothing for you to send any messages to be printed in the calendar. However, it will cost me, so please try to be creative =) You can use multiple days to create one big message over time, etc. I probably won't let people claim a whole month, but maybe a week if they want to dedicate it to themselves. Again, you're using my money, so don't go overboard and spell out the alphabet using one day for each letter.
I probably won't put anything on the calendar myself. It's more of a chance for you guys to send some kind of message or reminder to me. Although, I'm temped to put "Chargers win Super Bowl XLI" on February 4 because we all know that's going to happen. M I RITE?? Haha. If others tell me to put it there, I will. Also, my birthday (July 30) may be kept blank unless someone comes up with something cool to put there. That's my day, so I don't want some lame comment on there.
Also, I haven't chosen the pictures for each month yet. If you looked through the Demotivators, tell me which ones you liked and I'll see if I want that one in, haha.
Friday, December 15, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment