noun. the act of rising from the dead.
After however many years, I've decided to bring back my blogspot. Actually, the old one was deleted, so I had to create a new one. Anyway, I felt like having this and intend to write in it, haha. We'll see how far this goes. For my first post I'll talk about yesterday (Sunday) because it was a pretty significant day... for the Chargers! First place, woooo. However, I'll start with what happened in the morning... early in the morning...
Wii got it
Jemuel and I woke up at 3 in the morning. We got to Target (Chula Vista North 4th Ave, which is off the 54) a little before 3:30. According to some sources, they were supposed to have 60 Wii concoles there. The line looked decent and with some counting, it looked like we were around 50th in line. Now that our chances of getting a Wii were good, all we had to do is wait. So, why Target? Why not Best Buy? Or even Wal-Mart? As most of you know both Best Buy and Wal-Mart are in the same location as this Target. Well, Wal-Mart sold all of their Wii's at midnight, and who do most people think of first when they want electronics? Best Buy. Everybody would be going there. Target was our best bet, but also they had a better way of handling their sales. The store opens at 8, but at 7, the manager will come out and give out tickets to the people in line, which will give them the opportunity to purchase a Wii. Best Buy does not do this.
Anyhow, from 3:30 to 7 we just stood in line the whole time. A couple of times Jemuel or I would leave to go get food. The waiting wasn't so bad; we would talk to other people in line and whatnot. And we even got to see the sun rise, hahahaha. Around 7, employess came out and offered coffee and popcorn, of all things, but hey, you can't complain about free things. Then the manager or whoever talked to the line explaining the procedure. Although they were only allowing one ticket per household, they did not believe they had the right to check ID's and decided to base it off the honor system. You wish you can always trust people, but I'm not going to complain about that right now because we did end up with a ticket, the 53rd one to be exact, haha.
Despite coming out early to give us tickets, they would not let us in to purchase the consoles until five minutes before opening. Being 53 out of 60 meant more waiting, but the feeling of "accomplishment" in getting the Wii on launch day held us over. We finally left the store with the Wii in hand around 8:45. Walking to the car, I looked back to where we stood for 4+ hours. It looked different now that there was no line, and someone had cleaned up all of our trash we lest, haha. It was an interesting experience and looking back on it, we were lucky there was no trouble especially after hearing about shooting involving the PS3 launch just days earlier.
San Diego Chargers 35, Denver Broncos 27
This game was chosen to be this week's Sunday Night game under the new flexible scheduling. It's great to see the Chargers getting a little more national exposure, but most of all we won! Wiiiiiiiiii! It was another come-from-behind victory. LT is a machine breaking more records in this game. And after the Colts lost earlier, the Chargers are back in the talks about the best team in the NFL. Although you never want to be behind your opponent, this was still a great win. I wasn't as nervous as in last week's game against the Bengals. It's an extremely fan bias, but I believed we would win the game the whole time; I had no doubts at all. You have to "Keep the faith" as the Padres slogan went, haha. This win also put us in first place in the AFC West and one game behind the Colts for home-field advantage for the playoffs. There is still a lot of football left to be played, but as others have put it, the Chargers are now "in the driver seat" and control how far they will go.
Anybody catch any of the post-game locker room interviews? I was laughing when Igor Oshlansky was interviewed. When asked why the Broncos were able to run on the Chargers' defense, he blasted Denver's O-line saying all they do is hold while the referees don't call it. He went on to say that if they were to call power running plays, the offensive lineman would be wussies. Funny stuff. All in all, the Chargers' win was a great way to end the day and I look forward to hear the talk about them throughout the week.
Monday, November 20, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yay Chargers WoN!
lol my dad was going for the Broncos... xD
HI JEZER! (:
haha, you have a blogspot! and... you sooo totally have to let me play the Wii. ;]
lol you made this all sound so exciting xD i'd read it again and go "woo"
Post a Comment